Building foundations for:
- self confidence
and many more positive ways to empower our young girls
There’s no need to struggle with communication, emotions management, problem solutions, mental health, self-esteem, social skills.
Breathing methods, meditation, healthy self-expression in a form of art…
This is all available to them, yet, not many places practice it.
Taking care of mental health of young people has never been a priority until it’s often too late, or some sort of damage already has happened. It doesn’t have to be that way.
Let's show them better.
Let's give them TOOLS for happier life TODAY:
Emotions get BIG in stressful situations.
From not being able to calm down to destructive self-talk.
Some kids start to close off & withdraw. Some act out and find attention all the wrong places.
IN THIS WORKSHOP WE WILL TALK ABOUT:
– tools for better communication instead of withdrawing, tantrums or going angry throwing sh… stuff around and feeling like “nobody gets them”.
– healthy tools for self-expression, because seriously, all of what young people really want is to be seen and heard, but often they don’t have the language to express their thoughts.
– easy to follow and remember calming breathing techniques for moments when emotions take over.
– topics like belonging, healthy usage of social media, bullying, gratitude, and much more…
Why didn’t I know about all that when I was 13?
As a 14-year-old girl, I developed eating disorders, began a life-long battle with very low self-esteem and depression. The self-destructive behaviours didn’t seem to have an end in eyes of my parents, that’s for sure.
You see, I can’t say that somebody came and rescued me. There was no teacher to show me different, more healthy ways to express myself and to make me feel heard.
Seeking attention in all the wrong places is what often happens in pre-teens and teens.
Those habits stay for lifetime. It’s hard to get rid of them.
Then, there are pills, therapies, labeling, problems with self-esteem, belonging, and negative self-talk.
It really doesn’t have to go that route.
- 6 meetings, 2 x a week
- 1,5 h per meeting
- printed copy gratitude and art journal
- variety of mindfulness& yoga exercises
- therapeutic art projects
- easy to follow meditation ideas
- and much more
After this workshop your girl will:
- gain skills and encouragement to make responsible choices,
- start believing in their own skills and abilities,
- be able to gain a sense of connection and sense of healthy belonging,
- be on the right path to develop strong sense of character and sense of right and wrong,
- be encouraged to actively contribute to the world around them,
- be able to cope better with everyday stress and stress triggers,
- understand better what life choices are and how they can affect their present and future life.
"When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"
I recently heard that saying, and OMG what an accurate description to what happened in my life.
When I became a parent it felt like I woke up.
I realised I’m in a very deep hole, and it’s time to stop digging.
Otherwise the hole will become a home not only for myself but for my two girls, as well.
So, my journey to healing began.
I developed a lot of what I preach these days by practicing it on my own kids, myself and my friends.
In that process I realised that art in any form is an additional language that can be used to communicate our feelings and thoughts when words are not enough or when words are lacking!
I certified as Therapeutic Arts Life Coach and Life Story Coach.
Became Kids Yoga Teacher certified by one and only Jaime from Cosmic Kids.
These days, I’m on the mission.
Mission to show the young people (and not only), that there is happiness within us (not outside of us) and we just need to know how to reach out for it.